Wednesday, May 4, 2011

This is not a diet blog

That's a promise I'll make to you right now. I'm not going to give you a weekly weigh in. I'm not going to whine about how I gained half a pound and now I have to eat salad for a week. I'm not going to give you a blog full of "inspirational" quotes from random famous people about transformation, worthwhile journeys, or overcoming adversity. This isn't THAT kinda blog.

Having said that, the premise of this whole thing is proving that my efforts to lose weight and my efforts to eat well, experiment in the kitchen, and generally not lose my "foodie" badge by excluding things from my diet just because someone thinks they're "bad" for me are not separate undertakings. I'm a firm believer that if you don't like what you're eating, you're not going to eat it for very long. Things have to stay interesting or you'll get bored and eat just any old thing, and THAT my friends, is what makes you gain weight (and become a Very Boring Person in the process.)

I can't promise I'll never mention a good week on the scale, or when I hit a particular milestone. However, what I can promise is that I'm going to take probably Not Very Good camera phone pictures of all those food experiments and other culinary adventures, and share them with you. I'll also share and solicit opinions on other food related (but not necessarily health related) topics because this is, in my mind at least, first and foremost a food blog.

My MotherBlanking Food Blog, as a matter of fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment